Question

Purchase Receipt GI - Duplication

• 20 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

My GI for Purchase receipts is currently doubling the Qty and the Amount. I am unsure how to correct that issue. Attached is the GI in questions. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thankyou

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @byates Below re Highlighted tables that cause the total qty count increase 

I tried to change to Inner join but same. But have a check with the development team and find the correct tables Joins

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @byates 

I am not seeing the doubling on your GI. Here is what I see:

When I filter total and QTY:

Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @byates 

I am not seeing the doubling on your GI. Here is what I see:

When I filter total and QTY:

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Hi @kandybeatty49 I see some of the records are Impacted only,

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 not all records are duplicating as @manikantad18 pointed out. below is an example:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@kandybeatty49 not all records are duplicating as @manikantad18 pointed out. below is an example:

Hi @byates you need to refer to the GI relations highlighted in the above screenshot to resolve the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

All you need to do is set the Aggregate function to Average or Min/Max. If you dont set anything then when you use the Group By in your GI it will default to Sum. So if you have 1 receipt line you will have the correct valye but if you have 2 receipt lines it will double the values, 3 will triple it etc. So therefore if you use Average it will display correct as if it has 2 lines it will double it an then divide the result by2. You could also use Max or Min as that will take the highest/lowest  value, 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 not all records are duplicating as @manikantad18 pointed out. below is an example:

Hi @byates you need to refer to the GI relations highlighted in the above screenshot to resolve the issue

@manikantad18, wasn’t quite following your above GI references, where you stated you tried changing the join to Inner with no luck. I tried changing the Join to every other possible option with non correcting the returned results. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

All you need to do is set the Aggregate function to Average or Min/Max. If you dont set anything then when you use the Group By in your GI it will default to Sum. So if you have 1 receipt line you will have the correct valye but if you have 2 receipt lines it will double the values, 3 will triple it etc. So therefore if you use Average it will display correct as if it has 2 lines it will double it an then divide the result by2. You could also use Max or Min as that will take the highest/lowest  value, 

@dcomerford Thanks for the tip. This has indeed worked. However, I can not yet vouch for its complete correction of the issue. High level it did correct the testing receipts I have been looking at but not yet confirmed this has not caused some other kind of issue with the totals on receipts with multiple lines. But early indications is that this worked.

I have noted that this GI has become wildly slow to run. up to 30 seconds for the GI to load at times. Not sure what caused this now..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@byates  This is what it is designed for if you look at the the standard GI for Appointments FS3002PL this is how Acumatica handle multiple lines appearing because they have FSAppointmentEmployee included which could have multipe entires per appointment.

Yes this does have a performance impact any time you have a Grouping on the GI it will means it has to get the records then group them etc.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved