Solved

Project Customer ID/name not displaying in Report

• 17 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all,
I want to display the customer ID/Name from a project record into the report but the report is not able to display it:

The Result in report

Also tried by using Alias for the child table, but it displays the same result.

icon

Best answer by Connor Morse 17 November 2023, 15:37

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

1. Please look at the details in the following post.  The post below is very similar to what you are asking above, and the answers will be similar.

3. Which Acumatica reports did you compare?  Any Acumatica report that shows Project and Customer data is likely to use the same tables and joins that you need in the above report. Did you open similar reports and compare the Tables & Joins to your report?

For example, try Projects report PM631000:

Laura

Badge +18

Hello,

I had more time to open Projects report, and oops, it does not include the customer table!  I’m sorry about that, the report I suggested will not work.

I found an earlier post answered by Megan Friesen, where she demonstrates the steps of joining the customer table to a projects table.

If her ideas don’t work, a report writing expert will come along to help you.  Good luck!

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Mondeddula Madhu Venkat Reddy  - Please see the attached screenshot. It seems as though other reports are pulling it directly from the Business Account (BAccountR) table.

You should be able to pull the customer name from the BAccountR.AcctName field. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Mondeddula Madhu Venkat Reddy  - I’m not sure that you need another table... I see now that you shared there is already a Customer Account Name field on the PMProject Table.

If the field is always appearing blank, then there is likely an issue with the other Table Relations pointing to the PMProject Table. In your scenario, there may be an issue on the POLine → PMProject relation. 

Badge +18

Hello,

I wonder if the issue is related to conditions?  What happens if you remove the filter on your report (include only PO order type of RS)?

@dcomerford 

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved