Solved

Page Breaks on Reports

• 22 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a report that is putting page breaks between my groupHeaderSection2 and my detailSection1 and groupFooterSection1.  Is there a way in Report Designer to keep the groupHeaterSection1, groupHeaderSection2, detailSection1, and groupFooterSection1 together before there is a page break?

icon

Best answer by Laura Carpenter 13 October 2022, 16:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Laura Carpenter 

Between articles will help you to check on your issue 

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/adding-page-breaks/

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura Carpenter - You can remove the Page Breaks in the Properties of that particular header or detail.

Also, I believe you can manually drag the amount of space you’d like to have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura Carpenter ! One other thing to keep in mind, if you’ve checked the Page Break and you’ve checked the spacing of the size of report sections there is still one more setting which can affect the report printing, it’s called KeepTogether:

Once a section is highlighted this option is available

If KeepTogether is set to True then it will not break the section if the page breaks, instead it will take the whole section where this is True and bump it into a fresh page and leave large gaps.

One trick I’ve found to troubleshoot report spacing is to set a background color for each section (or at least the sections you think are troubling the report) and then as you make adjustments you can see which section is giving a problem due to the color of the background.

Also, if you set the background colors and the issue once the report is printed has no color to it, then you’ll know it’s a configuration setting between sections and can more easily narrow down to the solution

Userlevel 4
Badge

So, I have all page breaks turned to None and my Keep Together is all True.  The problem is that the page is breaking between the sections and I want to keep the sections grouped.  The only parts I don’t want grouped together are the page header and the page footer.  I didn’t know if that was a possibility or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Laura Carpenter I think there is not enough space in the report to squeeze all that in before the end of the page, but it might also help if you share the report (providing it could be replicated using demo data).

You can make your font smaller and this will take up less space and could shift up enough to keep it all on one page, otherwise you’ll need to expand the size of the section so it forces the next section to get bumped to the next page.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman The report uses many custom fields we have added to the line level of the sales order so it would be difficult to run the report using demo data.  I will submit a support case so that it can be tested through our direct site since the report grouping is done with one of the custom fields.  Hopefully I can figure it out with support.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks all for the suggestions and help with this.  What I have concluded through my support case is that there isn’t a way currently to define a page break after a grouping of report sections.  I have made my report a little better by increasing the size of the groupHeaterSection1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your workaround with the community @Laura Carpenter !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved