Solved

Override Project Address on Project Quotes

• 3 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does anyone know how to make the project address change on a project quote when the main address in the system is changed by overriding it on the quote? My current expression in Report Designer looks like this”

=IIf([CRShippingAddress.AddressLine1]<> null, [CRShippingAddress.AddressLine1] + '{br}', '')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.AddressLine2]<>null,[CRShippingAddress.AddressLine2] + '{br}','')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.AddressLine3]<> null,[CRShippingAddress.AddressLine3] + '{br}','')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.City]<>null, [CRShippingAddress.City],'')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.City]<>null And [CRShippingAddress.State]<>null, ', ', '')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.State]<>null,[CRShippingAddress.State],'')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.PostalCode]<>null And [CRShippingAddress.State]<>null, ', ', ' ')
+IIf([CRShippingAddress.PostalCode]<>null,[CRShippingAddress.PostalCode]+ '{br}','')

When we override that address in the project quote, it does not change it on the printed quote.

Any thoughts?

The printed quote still goes back to the original address linked to the customer in the system.

icon

Best answer by bzelinski 16 March 2023, 12:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Same problem exists for me when you try to grab from the addresses on the shipment. My only experience with dealing with an overrode address is to grab from the next location in the order train. In that case it’s using ARContact vs SO Contact.

For your needs, can you just make a new customer location and swap out the location ID for when this happens?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @brendan91,

Thanks for the idea. If worse comes to worse, I can do that, but I’d prefer if we could just do it by overriding the project location. My reason for this is we deal with building contractors. They have their main office location, but then create contracts with us for many of their projects. It would be nice to just edit the address on the project without having many locations in the contractor’s customer file. Maybe I’m trying to simplify it too much. Thanks again for being so helpful. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bzelinski  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett . Yes, we got it working. This is what we put in the field for Project location:

=IIf([QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine1]<> null, [QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine1] + '{br}', '')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine2]<>null,[QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine2] + '{br}','')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine3]<> null,[QuoteShipAddress.AddressLine3] + '{br}','')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.City]<>null, [QuoteShipAddress.City],'')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.City]<>null And [QuoteShipAddress.State]<>null, ', ', '')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.State]<>null,[QuoteShipAddress.State],'')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.PostalCode]<>null And [QuoteShipAddress.State]<>null, ', ', ' ')
+IIf([QuoteShipAddress.PostalCode]<>null,[QuoteShipAddress.PostalCode]+ '{br}','')

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski thanks for sharing your solution! saving this for future use!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved