Solved

Opportunity & Sales Order Join Is Sporadically Missing Data

• 22 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I recently joined the opportunity and sales order tables (and vice versa).

It has been working perfectly until recently.

On the opportunities screen, I’ve noticed a behavior where information from the associated sales orders isn’t being pulled over for some opportunities (see the image below). On the sales order screen, it looks like every sales order is being correctly associated with the correct opportunity ID, so the issue is isolated to opportunities. Also, these opportunities do not have multiple sales orders associated either.

Any suggestions on what could be going wrong here?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 7 October 2020, 18:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi jthrashr! I think this could be difficult without seeing the GI but typically there are a couple reasons for data not making it in to the results grid.

It could be that the missing information is related to the join for Sales Order to Opportunity. If you are joining CROpportunity to CRQuote then you may be missing information for Opportunities which have no quote.

Alternatively, I would check to see if there is any grouping being applied to the GI and if the same results are seen without the grouping.

Let me know if this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Please export your GI as XML and attach here so we can see the makeup of your GI.  You can do this from the GI designer screen’s Copy/Past menu, using Export As XML option.

@BenjaminCrisman@Ali Jani 

I’ve attached the GI here.

There isn’t any grouping being applied, and the join is CROpportunity => OpportunityRelation => SOOrder.

Appreciate any insights! Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It looks like in the GI on the relation from OpportunityRelation to SOOrder you are including relation on CROpportunity.Amount to curyLineTotal:

This was preventing the Sales Order numbers from displaying for me locally and once deactivated it showed more:
Before deactivated:

After deactivated:

@BenjaminCrisman Thanks for the solve! I’m not sure why that relation was in there in the first place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

KB article on how to create such a GI can be found here: How to display sales orders created from opportunities in a generic inquiry

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved