Solved

Notification Template Design

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Business Requirement- Send a product review after the Invoice is closed.

We have created a below GI

Now in the Template, we need a display the Items with Image when we have multiple Lines.

We are displaying the Line Items in a same row because of our business scenario

In the GI the inventory Info is listed row-wise which we need to show as columns in the notification template.

Expectations in the template as shown below

I am expecting those 3 Lines as below in the notification template.

Acumatica responded this required customization- Need your thoughts
For each loops can loop through multiple rows on a GI based on same reference number, but will not loop through multiple data fields listed on the same row on a GI.

SKU

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 18 November 2022, 21:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @manikantad18 ,

Rather than doing all of this in the template itself, have you considered using the Report Designer and attaching the report to the Business Event?  There is an option to embed the report output in the body of the email.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lauraj46 

I am Looking for an email to send the customer with Items information and a product review link in the email sent,

Basically in the notification Template, I am able to get all the Items listed in the Invoices If I design my GI With multiple columns of the same Invoice ref, but here fetching the invoiced Item list in a row-wise.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @manikantad18 ,

I think that with the Report Designer you would be able to create the output format you describe.  In the detail section you could have three rows - one for each of the Product columns.  Attach the report output as html (as shown in the screenshot) and it would be embedded in the notification.  

If you prefer to stick to strictly the notification template, there are also a couple of different techniques to simulate a SQL union within an Acumatica GI:

This post describes how to use the DateInfo table to print multiple lables and could be adapted to select different fields from the same data record:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/laura-jaffe-965a411a_acumatica-labels-reportdesigner-activity-6790750118200049664-uP0T/

This idea by @wyattERP uses Attributes to simulate the union:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-generic-inquiries/gi-with-2-or-more-different-values/

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lauraj46 

I am Looking for an email to send the customer with Items information and a product review link in the email sent,

Basically in the notification Template, I am able to get all the Items listed in the Invoices If I design my GI With multiple columns of the same Invoice ref, but here fetching the invoiced Item list in a row-wise.

Thanks

I was not able to meet the requirement based on GI design.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved