Merging reports into one file

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Dear partners and customers,

Currently we are revising the process of sending reports, and we’d like to get your feedback on whether merging reports into one file is useful to you.

We suppose that the Merge Reports functionality is being used primarily for gathering several reports into one email which is obviously useful and there is no doubt about it.

At the same time, merging several reports into one file does not seem helpful and we’d like to deprecate it.

Are there any business cases when it is needed to get one merged file containing several reports rather than several reports in separated files?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EvgeniiaKashuba42 ,

Merge functionality is useful to provide a summary page followed by details in a single file, for example on a custom invoice.  We built this out using a subreport as I wasn't aware of the merge functionality at the time!

It would also be useful to have an option to select and attach files on the Send (either merged or as separate attachments.)  Examples of this would be terms and conditions on a sales order, or certificates associated with a shipment confirmation.

Laura 

Hi @lauraj46! Thanks for reaching out.

The invoice example is the great business case that I was searching for. It really helped me to understand business needs.

About attaching files to reports- sounds like a good idea to be posted 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi,

Most users I know will make a Master report with as many sub reports as they need (which is what Laura is doing as well). So, it’s a workaround in case someone needs it. You can still do it but not with the Merge report function.

Hi @miguel80. Thank you for sharing! I also found out from the statistics that Merge Reports is not really popular function.

Will keep in mind about the workaround.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved