Question

material stuck in-transit

• 25 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We found an item that has a phantom quantity stuck in-transit. - Not sure how this has not been caught prior, but this is a very slow mover item.  I have a 2 step transfer that was done from 1 inventory to another.  full quantity was received, but a balance still shows on the inventory allocation as an incoming amount still to receive.  Not sure how to clear this.  This one item has 2 transactions 59190 and 59972 that are stuck like this,  No adjustments have been done on this item.  Lot # matches everywhere also.  you can see on the transfer, it shows zero in-transit qty available.

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I think you are saying Step 2 of the 2-step transfer, the Receipt, is released? Please confirm or show the receipt batch status.

Have you tried the Recalculate Inventory process ? 

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

material has been recalculated, done daily.  this is the print screen I showed above, you can see that the received qty matches the quantity, but on this one, its leaving a balance of 600.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is the only thing that I can find different is the Lot# has a lower H. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Kakie were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

no we have not yet.  we have tried doing adjustments with the lower case Lot #’s but that is not helping either.  these are stuck in transfer status.

Same problem here with no solution.

Items have been 2-step receipted into bin warehouse/location with a lowercase batch, while the outwards (1st step) was upper case.

The inventory lands into the warehouse/location, but never decrements from in-transit.

Reading around it seems there is no way to adjust in-transit inventory.

Tried receipting 2nd step again, but its closed, with no way of re-opening or correcting it.

2-step transfer process seems to be a bit lacking / needing development.

Badge +18

It sounds like the next step might be a Support Ticket with Acumatica.

If your partner has a SQL developer, they may be able to try updating the lowercase letters on the PO Receipt lines, then running Inventory Recalculation again, in a test copy of your tenant before repeating in Live.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved