Skip to main content
Solved

Linking invoices with journals

• 31 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to see history of journal transactions against an invoice?

Currently, if I have to create a journal for any reason, I put a note on the invoice to flag to myself that there is a journal transaction related to it. It would be great to be able to go into an invoice and see journal transactions directly related to it.

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

When an invoice (or any document from a subsidiary ledger) posts to general ledger, the related GL entry is available on the Financial tab of the document.

GL Batch is linked to Financial tab of Document

Corrections/Adjustments to the invoice document should be made in the AR module where possible, such as to Reverse/ the document, and to Pay the document, and to add a Credit against the document , so that additional entries are automatically connected to the original invoice document.

When we add “related” adjustments for the invoice via GL, such as to Reclassify the income to a different account, there is no link.

In the AP module we do have Expense reclassification features and a related report: Reclassified Bills…. but AR does not have a similar reclassify invoice feature. 

Your Idea to show GL reclassifications on the AR document has been suggested.  Please vote here:

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bnastasi Looks like Laura’s response was pretty thorough, did this resolve the issue or were you still looking for information?