Solved

Is there a way adjust the BE datasource GI without coming to Generic inquiry setting screen(SM208000)

• 24 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am sorry. I don’t know whether it is too much to ask.

We are using a GI as the datasource of Business Event to monitor the PO receiving.

The GI is with predefined monitor conditions by me.

And I help change the conditions if user ask.

I know, I know, it should be not difficult to teach the user change the conditions himself.
But the user I served is not so good at computer. And I am also afraid he might get something wrong if he works directly on Generic inquiry setting screen (SM208000).

Is there a way he can adjust the datasource without coming to Generic inquiry setting screen (SM208000).?

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 24 March 2022, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20 as of now, I do not see any other options to change the data source. You have either filter tabs on GI or GI conditions which changing either one of them needs to be done through Generic Inquiry (SM208000)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ray20,

One thought might be to configure a saved filter with placeholders for the specific parameters that the user can edit, then join on the DACs FilterHeader and FilterRow in your generic inquiry to find this specific saved filter and use the values from those row(s) in your GI conditions.  

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved