Solved

Inventory Future Demanded Orders

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have SO that need to be filled immediately and SO to be fulfilled at a later date, when checking stock status reports it shows the stock levels based on all sales orders.

I want to see my current demand and future demand separately, so that I can see at a glance if my inventory level is sufficient to fill current demand orders and not get confused by future demand orders.

Is there a solution how to do it?

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 16 March 2023, 19:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Pinny 

There is not anything currently out of the box that would provide that. 

Have you thought of using the Sales Orders Inquiry and using Filters on that? You could filter by Status of Orders or other things to get what you are looking for. 

@kandybeatty49 Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the Sales Orders Inquiry would help me with this.

my issue is with inventory status reports it messes up my numbers showing that i don't have quantities available while I do have enough to cover my currant demand there are just a few sales orders booked for next month which will be fulfilled with new inbounds, I would like to see within SO Booked how many pieces are needed for immediate fulfilment and how many needed for future fulfilment.

Any solution will be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pinny ,

To add to the suggestion by @kandybeatty49 , I would suggest including SOLine in a Generic Inquiry to find the inventory item, open quantity, and ship date for each line on the order.  Use the DateDiff function in a formula to calculate the difference between today and ShipDate (e.g. =DateDiff(‘d’, [SOLine.ShipDate], TodayUTC()).  Then you can sort filter on this calculated field to see the requirements for a particular timeframe.

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved