Solved

How to stop printing report if there is no record in the report

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

we have scheduled a report template to email it to user, but facing a problem where system is still printing and sending blank report if there are no records, so how we can stop it ? 

icon

Best answer by brendan91 11 January 2023, 16:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Have you filtered the generic inquiry that triggers the business event to not include cases with no records? Or use the record change (that would make it not empty) as the trigger for the business event?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @brendan91 
Thanks for your reply.

but I’m not using business event to trigger notification. I’ve created template and scheduled it within report, as shown in below screenshot.  just facing an issue where it still sending blank report to users if there are not any records.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@psoni1585

What are the conditions you setup in the automation schedule to allow the report to send?

Looking at what is available to the Send Reports Screen ID, I believe you will need to set this up as a business event triggered by a record change.

The send reports screen automation is good for sending reports that don’t necessarily require a condition. For example, if you want a sales summary report sent to you every Monday at 9:00 AM, this screen is great for that.

The business event emailing tool allows you to send reports based on certain controlling conditions. The most important one for this example being that the order is in approval status and maybe a few others. It will resolve your issue.

If you need assistance figuring out how to set that up, I’m happy to help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@brendan91 

Thanks for your help and reply to my post.

I’ve set below condition under automation schedule to send reports. 

I’ve also tried to setup business event using GI for the pending approval. but the problem is that notification template is not adding all the pending approvals data list, when I add as a data table in the notification template. 

Do you have any idea, how we can add complete list of approval using table in the notification template? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @psoni1585,

Currently there is no way to add details to an email the way you would like. For example, if you were to create an email based off a sales order, you won’t not be able to list all of the line items, prices, qtys etc. for each item related to that order. Just the fields connected to the header such as order nbr, customer name, total qty, etc.

If you need to list out your pending approvals, you need to create a report that has the proper groupings that breaks out all of the approvals and links out to them.

Alternatively, you could create a link to a GI that lists out all of the approvals. So you could send out an email saying “hey, you have pending approvals, and here’s the link to access them.”

This is a frustration for me as well - I hope they add email groupings for us in the future.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved