Solved

How to print two different reports with the same parameters on a single document one after the other?

Userlevel 4
Badge

There is a requirement to print two different reports with the same parameters on a single document one after the other so as to export as a pdf. Can I know if there is a way to make fulfill this requirement with the report designer?

icon

Best answer by Amitk 27 July 2023, 01:11

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @malinthawarnakulasooriya08 ,

You can accomplish this by using a subreport and passing through the parameters from the main report to the sub.

Hope this helps!

Laura 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @lauraj46 . I tried it by using a sub-report but it did not output the expected outcome. That means the headers of the subreport do not appear properly in the main report. There is a table header for the detail section of the sub report. Please check the below screenshot.

Table header of the sub report

This appears only once in the main report when sub report get starts to appear. But this table header should appear at top of the each an every page of the sub report. May I know how to accomplish this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I don’t think that the Page Headers and footers are printed on a subreport, but have you tried putting the subreport headers into a group header with the setting PrintOnEveryPage set to True?

Userlevel 4
Badge

​I tried it also @lauraj46. Actually, this sub-report (SO64test.rpx) is one of my custom-made main report. I took SO643000.rpx as the main report for this scenario. I think that sometimes, the way this requirement is explained by me is not much clear. So if you can please examine the attached two rpx files,i think that it is easy to understand what I'm going to be expressed. After printing all the pages of the SO643000 report the pages of the SO64test report’s should be printed in the same report. According to the way I attached two report get printed consecutively.   Attachment

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Please attach the rpx files directly to this thread instead of a hyperlink.

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 , here is rpx files. Thank you so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I tested this but wasn’t able to get it working either.  You can display headers and footers in the subreport that are associated groups, but if your group runs across multiple pages the subreport does not understand the pagination.

Here is another thread on this topic:

I’d be glad to know if you are able to get this working.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sure. Thank you so much @lauraj46 for the given support and commitment.

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

You can display a altogether new report on the subreport. So my client requires to print picking slip followed by a delivery note. 

Please see the screenshot below how I achieved it.

Please make sure the properties are exactly the same. Ensure headers are not repeated and the subreport belongs to the group footer.

Badge +11

This can also be easily accomplished with a simple customization.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @amitkaryekar.I tried it earlier.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @darylbowman,

If you can provide me some guidance it is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Badge +11

Unless you have experience with development, you’d be better off asking your VAR or hiring a contract developer.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @amitkaryekar.I tried it earlier.  

Hi also missed a point before which i think is worth mentioning when you are passing variables their name should be exactly similar to the data fields. While i tried the rest above didn't work, but when i changed this, it worked for me. I can pass the .zip files if this one doesn't work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved