Solved

How to have more than one sort attribute in a default sort in a GI

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a GI that shows my sales order list that I would like to be able sort by more than one field. When I put more than one attribute into the sort settings of the GI it seems to only work on the top one - is there a way to sort by the top one, then within the top one, sort by the second one? 

For further explanation, we powdercoat our orders and we have two user defined Fields in the sales order - colour, and priority. It would be nice to sort first by priority, then by colour

icon

Best answer by aborisova 3 November 2021, 22:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @DanielStarke  In Acumatica default GI, if we mention multiple fields, system will sort the results bases on the fields sequence (First results will sort with 1st field then 2nd field and etc.)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hmmm, it's not working like that for me. 

I am using two attributes stored in the user defined fields...

Userlevel 1

Hi @DanielStarke 

I had no issues replicating it in a GI:

Take a look at the sorting conditions:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Multiple columns sorting would be great. 
Also see 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved