Question

How to get grid lines on an Excel Export that has been set to Manual instead of using Auto in Report Designer?

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have been changing a lot of native Acumatica reports and our own in Report Designer from Auto to Manual. Users don’t like to get merged columns, colors or word wrapping because it takes more time to manipulate the data how they want it, etc. 

Changing this setting to Manual has been great. It takes a bit of practice and work, but after you figure it out, it works! and clients are happy.

When I change the setting from Auto to Manual- the grid lines don’t show anymore, any body knows how to fix this?

This is what we change in order to make this happen:

Example when it is set to AUTO (default):

This is a Work in process report, Excel Mode set to Auto- we can see grid lines:

Because I don’t want merges, word wrapping, and unnecessary fields on the export, I change to Manual and place what I want and how I want it to export:

The result below is how I want this to export, except that I don’t have grid lines anymore:

Not everyone is an excel expert, so I have told my users to select them all and click in Excel the No Fill and they will magically appear.

How can we prevent this?

I have tried changing the Style in Report Properties, but that affects the preview/pdf report, not only the export

I have change the settings in Site Preferences (SM200505), but that only applies to GI Export:

So far, manual option and only clicking No Fill in excel wins, because it’s a one step they have to do, instead of the 10+ they had to do before with unmerging, word-wrapping, deleting columns and rows, etc.

Thank you .

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m running into the same issue now. @willie98 , were you able to figure out something to get the grid lines in the excel export? 

@bclark nope, nothing from anybody else. I found the work around I posted and that was it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved