Solved

How to Get Activity Source in Generic Inquiry

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I been looking at all the possible DAC in my system and could not figure this out. I am trying to add CRActivity.Type into a screen to only show one of the activity type ‘BOC’ or empty. However, when I connected the tables, it is not filtering properly. 

As you see from the screen shot above, the system is posting all the different entry that is on the customer profile. Below screen shot is a reference to the 22 entries that is listed as ‘BOC’.

What I hope to achieve is the system about to read the order type and order number that the Activity is connect to the specific Sales Order. I am able to find the fields I need with Element Inspector.

Unfortunately CRActivity.Source is not a field available in Relations and I do not know how I can build a table to connect to that DAC.

Does anyone have an idea on how to build the correct relationship and conditions if needed?

Thank you,

Calvin

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 May 2022, 19:39

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin  The below query will help you fetch the related Sales Order detail. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for your solution. May I know if this work needs to be done in Project level or at Generic Inquiry level? I am not familiar with editing project as I have no experience in SQL and programming. 

If this is from the Generic Inquiry screen, would you be able to show me in more detail steps on how to get to the below screen shot?

Thank you for your help!

Calvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin  Sure, let me create a GI and will share it with you

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin  Please find the GI here for your reference.

Also, attached XML format GI here, you can import into your instance and verify

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

Thank you for the instruction and XML file. However I am not familiar what is Instance and where I can load the XML to. When I was referring to Generic Inquiry, I am referring to screen ID CST.SM.20.80.00. Please see below screen shot of the screen I am referring to:

Is there a way to make edit so it can achieved what I wanted? The current issue I have is that the order duplicate itself based on the number of Activities that is in the customer profile:

If this could be done without updating instance or other access that would be best. 

Kind regards,

Calvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin 

Test- Back Order Inquire is a Custom GI

Can you please share the XML format of this GI? I can make the changes easily and will re-share it with you.

here are the steps provided.

1. Open the Generic Inquiry screen - SM208000
  2. Select the GI, which you created
  3. Click on the Copy click board action → then click on the Export as XML action.
  4. After the 3rd step, an XML file will be generated. Please share it here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

Please see below for my XML file. Thank you for your assistance. 

Calvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin  I have modified the above GI, and please find the updated GI, attached here. Please do import and verify.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

I have upload the XML but it came with below error:

Kind regards,

Calvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @Calvin Not sure why you are getting the above issue.

For me this GI is working fine. Please find the screenshot for reference. Attached GI again 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

I have tried to import the XML once more but still providing the same error. Below is the Trace for the error:

Kind regards,

Calvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Calvin Please do the below changes and verify.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @Naveen Boga !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved