Skip to main content

Hello Comminuty,

I would like to know how can we create variables in Acumatica Report Designer? Specially if a new datetime field is added on the screen and the user wanted to see the full format as 20 October 2023.

Hi @Harshita ,

Yes, you can create additional Variables in a report, it’s very powerful functionality.  They reside in the different data levels, so you first have to select a Detail or Group area, then open up the Variables screen:

From here, you can add Variable formulas, reset conditions, and the like.  Be aware that the data level (Detail/Group) you put a variable matters, I often have to play around to get it to work properly.  You can even pass a Variable from a Subreport, but that gets really tricky.

Good luck!

Hate to pick up an old threat but I’m hoping I can add an addition layer to this question.  Once you have a variable defined in a group header can you then use that variable for the basis of the group?  

I can define my variable and get it to display in the group header but if I then select the report properties, go the the Data/Groups property, and add the variable as the Grouping  Collection for the group I get an error when I run the report.  The error says that a field with the name “variable” can’t be found.

Is it possible that groups can only be based upon field elements?