Solved

How can I put "Month" as a single parameter in Generic inquiry or Report Designer

• 9 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I know “Date to” and “Date From” are more flexible.  But sometimes,  the data are just required in terms of “Month” range. So, to make the user just select 1 time, I am looking for a way to set a single parameter, like Month with data source “Jan, Feb, Mar,,,,” and so on.

I’ve tried the Fin Period, which, of course, currently set exactly as the Month range.

However, Fin period of My designed GIs can not be selected by user, it is a text input format, which is not convenient for user to use.

While the some of original Screens can be selected.

So, can anyone guide me how to do it like the above?

icon

Best answer by porlov 9 October 2020, 10:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Ray,

If you’re using FinPeriod schema for your parameter then system will pick it up exactly as you have it in the screen of Manage Financial Periods - a text field.

What I can advise here is using schema from the ARInvoice (as example). Just add ARInvoice as table, you may even not join it to any other table in your GI. Then in Parameters use ARInvoice.FinPeriodID schema and you will have it there as the selector.

I hope it helped. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey Ray,

If you’re using FinPeriod schema for your parameter then system will pick it up exactly as you have it in the screen of Manage Financial Periods - a text field.

What I can advise here is using schema from the ARInvoice (as example). Just add ARInvoice as table, you may even not join it to any other table in your GI. Then in Parameters use ARInvoice.FinPeriodID schema and you will have it there as the selector.

I hope it helped. 

Yes, It works. Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved