Question

Group in Report running over two pages

• 25 November 2021
  • 21 replies

Is anyone able to help me with getting these headers to stick together on one page? I am very new to this system and just fumbling my way through however when groupHeaderSection3 and detailSection1 run over two different pages it doesn’t look right. I have tried a page break however then the section above is small it also looks odd

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @PamLeek  Have provided “Page Break” = NONE and verified?

If you already verified and did not work, can you please share the report here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PamLeek 

Please check the Paper size ( Height in particular ) and compare the Height value set for each group and detail section together. 

I suspect the height mentioned for group is exceeding the page height, hence its moving the content to second page. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi The page break doesn’t help as I want these sections to stay together and not break over a pge. The section beefore hand can sometimes have a very lenghty description in it that it picks yp frm our MYOB program and will sometimes be quite short. I want the header and the detail lines of the table to stick together either on page 1 or on page 2 if that makes sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @PamLeek  If possible, can you please share the report here.

@Naveen B sorry i don’t know how to do that? I have saved it to my desktop but can’t find an upload option

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@PamLeek  Here is the option to upload the files here.

please see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PamLeek 

You have set a ‘PageBreak’ before the groupheader section2. This was causing the issue. 

Set the Pagebreak to ‘none’ and it prints all contents in one page. 

Its printing on one page now.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @PamLeek  Yes, that is the issue, which I was indicated in my first comment. 
I was hoping that you have done that. :grin:

As suggested, please do change related to Page Break = NONE and verify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PamLeek , Also I see that the Keep Together is set to “True” from the above screenshot. You should be fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes @ChandrasekharM  you are correct. This problem will be solved when we set the Page Break to NONE.

Hi My problem is when Header Section 1 is long (which will be most of the time and it contains detailed terms and conditions and exclusions for the project, you get this with the header section 3 not directly above the detail section. I can’t move the items out of the detail section as it doesn’t list all the costings for the quote

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PamLeek Per my understanding from the above, I think you need the Description,Units, Unit Price, Total Price to be above the line items. Please confirm. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@PamLeek  I’m sorry and I’m bit confused with your above comment. Can you please elaborate and explain the issue details.

@ChandrasekharM  that is correct because the first part is sometimes really long it pushes the information across two pages however when the information above is shorter I still want it together, either way i want it to not break across the pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PamLeek Please try inserting a new group just above the details. Add the Description, Units, Unit Price, Total Price to this new group.

Thanks

Hi I have tried that with the below settings but it didn’t work, I get where you are going with this though @ChandrasekharM is there maybe something I just need to change to get the group to always report on the same page together whether that be page 1 or page 2??

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PamLeek from the below screenshot posted by @vkumar, do you have any details in groupHeaderSection4. You can remove this section if nothing is there. You can right click on the group and delete it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PamLeek  Please post the latest report file, so that we can try to review and fix it. And then communicate the solution to you.

Thanks

Hi Please see attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ChandrasekharM did you have a chance to check out @PamLeek ‘s report? Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved