Solved

GI with =null in parameter value causing errors after upgrade to 2022R1

  • 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies
  • 219 views

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, we are testing to upgrade to 2022 R2 and if there is =NULL in the GI parameter, it is giving an error. But in our 2021 R1, this works. 

In the example below, I have the =NULL in the branch so it shows all results (not auto fill branch) then be able select what Branch we would like. This is in 2021 R1

In 2022R2, I get the error below.

 

If I remove the =NULL completed, it auto fills in with a branch.

 

Does anyone know how to fix this so the parameter starts out blank, then we can select which we want? 

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 13 February 2023, 20:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What if you tick the from Schema and clear the default. I’m on 21R2 so can’t test it myself.

 

Also as an alternative you can change your Schema Field to Branch.BranchID. I don’t believe it has default.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei, thanks for your response. I did try checking the From Schema and that didn't work either.

I tried your alternative suggestion and it doesn't auto fill it but if I go to select the branch i want, it shows my customers instead of branches?

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you share the screenshot of the settings that resulted in showing the customers!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sure, see below. just FYI, this is a GI with invoice header and invoice line information. Let me know if i’m missing something.

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry, I meant from the revised Parameters tab. 
 

also when you said Branch.BranchID didn’t work what did you mean? You know you can add Branch DAC to the tables, don’t join it with any table and just use it’s field for Schema field. Right?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, I tried your first alternative suggestions again. This time using the ARTran.BanchID and checking the From Schema and removing the default Value and it worked (no auto fill).

When I tried it before, I was using the used the ARInvoice.BranchID, checked off From Schema and Default Value was blank. This didn’t work as it auto filled with a branch.

 

 

I was trying a different BranchID from the BaccountR table, which is probably why i was getting customer information when hitting the search button on the GI.

when I try putting in Branch.BranchID in the Tables, I don't see that. what am I doing wrong?

I apologize in advance. I am still new to all this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Glad it is working.

In the second approach you will need to add

“PX.Ob...Branch” to your tables then in parameters tab select Branch.BranchID for Schema.

both approaches should work.

Reply


About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved