Solved

Execution Timeout Period Expired" issue with a Generic Inquiry (GI)

• 16 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Experts,

I'm currently facing an "Execution Timeout Period Expired" issue with a Generic Inquiry (GI). When I remove the grouping in the GI, it loads successfully. However, when I apply grouping, it takes an excessively long time to load and eventually results in the "Execution Timeout Period Expired" error.

Interestingly, I tested this on my local instance, and the GI loads without any issues. But when I try it with the client's data, the timeout problem occurs. I suspect that I might have missed something in the joins, but I'm having trouble pinpointing the exact issue.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance to resolve this issue.

Best regards, Sagar

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 16 October 2023, 12:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sagar07 

If you are facing an execution time out please create a case with Acumatica and increase time for executionhttps://asiablog.acumatica.com/2017/09/database-timeouts.html

Or else

please disable all results data once and troubleshooting the Generic inquiry by enabling one joins and verify the results, then after enable another join.

First suggestion to enable below child relation 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

From a quick look at the GI it looks fine but the tables you are using would contain a lot of data so it is going to be quite timeconsuming especially with the grouping which always makes it slowever. As @manikantad18 suggests you can ask Acumatica to increase the time out.

I would review the GI and see if you can eliminate any unncessary tables or tackle it in a different way. Also see if you can use the conditions to filter out any unneeded records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@sagar07  I have seen the issue with JOIN CONDITIONS in all the places. I just modified your GI and attached it for your reference.

Please check and let me know if you still facing the time-out error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga @manikantad18@dcomerford  Thank you so much for your prompt responses.

I have resolved the issue by modifying data field links.

Regards,

Sagar

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved