Examples from Community Webinar - Acumatica Generic Inquiries

• 25 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks to everyone for attending the Generic Inquiries community webinar today.

I’m attaching the slide deck and examples to this post for reference.  I’d be more than happy to answer any questions from the community about these examples!

I also plan to record a tutorial with a few tips and tricks that we didn’t have time for on the meeting today.  I’ll attach that to this post when it’s ready.

Laura

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for presenting today and sharing these with the community @lauraj46!

For those who may have missed today’s great session, below is the recording. It is also available in the Community Resource Library.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @lauraj46 Awesome! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As promised, I recorded a 10 minute video with some special tips and tricks for users who are getting started with Generic Inquiries.

You can watch it here:

Hope this helps some users in the community :)!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Awesome! Thank you @lauraj46!

Hi Laura,

Thank you for presentation and video. I watched the section where you noted how to use attributes in calculations by pulling in the CSAnswer table. I added that table but still received an error that attribute can’t be used in a condition expression. Note that I am not using the attribute in condition tab. I just added it as a field on Results Grid with a simple subtraction . I also tried some conversions such as CDEC, CINT. Do attributes have to be configured in a certain way or can you provide some notes on types of attributes and how to use in generic inquiry formulas. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tamiholmes54 ,

The attribute values are stored as text in the CSAnswer table.  In order to perform mathematical operations, you do need to convert the field to an integer or decimal (depending on what type of data is stored in the field) using a formula something like this:

=CDec([CSAnswers.Value]) - 100

If there are commas or other non-numeric characters in the data that will cause errors.  You could use the Replace function to remove commas.

If you’re still having issues, please upload the xml for your GI and I’m glad to take a look!

Laura

Thank you Laura. I cleaned up some of the data and had to remove the grouping (as it didn’t seem to work with that on), but was able to get it to work. Thanks a bunch!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved