Solved

Duplicate item Acumatic Report Designer

• 20 September 2022
  • 19 replies

Badge
Report Designer

I have this issue with Picking Report, the first two items get duplicated when I'm running the report designer.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 26 September 2022, 21:55

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @edgarrodriguez23 

Could you please share the report to check on this?

Also sharing the PDF file of the report which has issues

Badge +18

Duplicate lines on a report are nearly always related to incorrect Join on the tables. For example, is the table joined on only one field when the table has multiple key fields? Was Join Type Left  when Inner Join type is needed?

If you review the joins and you can’t solve the problem… To help us find your problem, please post a screen shot of the Relationships/Joins in your report with highlights on the custom changes that were made → identify the tables that were added that were not part of the standard Picking List report.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @edgarrodriguez23 

Could you please share the report to check on this?

Also sharing the PDF file of the report which has issues

PICK LIST Will be printed with the lines if the Item is allocated to multiple locations.

Item name “Sample SKU ” has 10 Qty shipped from A warehouse but Item is allocated from 3 different location

Warehouse

Qty Shipped

A

A-000

A

A-001

A

A-002

In this scenario, the lines in the pick list will display in three lines as per the standard behaviour.

Thanks

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Try this change once and let me know 

If not resolved please share the Report version so that we can help you 

Thanks

Badge
  1.  2022 R1
Userlevel 7
Badge +12
  1.  2022 R1

Hi @edgarrodriguez23 Could you please the report version of Picklist .

Badge

@manikantad18 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18

I sent a DM to you. could you please send a zoom link to meet you?

Thank you

Badge

@laura01 

Badge +18

Hello @edgarrodriguez23 ,

I will try to help, although I am not the world’s best table joiner… I admit my weakness to you because (like me) you sometimes have 59 versions of the same report. 😉

1. Did you try Manikanta’s first suggestion to change the Join Type for SoShipLine joined to InventoryItem from Left to Inner? And the result?
  2. Can you please post a better screen shot of the Picking List report preview that includes an order number and column headers, all fields across the page?
  3. Can you show a good screen shot of the source document (including column headers in the detail area ) - from the Sales Order or Shipment, so we can see the original data for the Pick List report including the Warehouse and Warehouse location fields. Possible duplicate warehouse-locations were also suggested by Manikanta and have not been ruled out.
  4. Last, I think Manikanta wants you to use “Save As” in the report designer to save the Pick List report to your local PC, and then attach the file here using the paper-clip icon. Posting the report here in .rpx format will allow him to study the joins and try his ideas separately and give you a definitive answer.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @edgarrodriguez23 ,

I will try to help, although I am not the world’s best table joiner… I admit my weakness to you because (like me) you sometimes have 59 versions of the same report. 😉

1. Did you try Manikanta’s first suggestion to change the Join Type for SoShipLine joined to InventoryItem from Left to Inner? And the result?
  2. Can you please post a better screen shot of the Picking List report preview that includes an order number and column headers, all fields across the page?
  3. Can you show a good screen shot of the source document (including column headers in the detail area ) - from the Sales Order or Shipment, so we can see the original data for the Pick List report including the Warehouse and Warehouse location fields. Possible duplicate warehouse-locations were also suggested by Manikanta and have not been ruled out.
  4. Last, I think Manikanta wants you to use “Save As” in the report designer to save the Pick List report to your local PC, and then attach the file here using the paper-clip icon. Posting the report here in .rpx format will allow him to study the joins and try his ideas separately and give you a definitive answer.

Thank you!

Hi, @laura01 I got the report design and screenshot of the shipment from @edgarrodriguez23 , trying to recreate a scenario with the report shared so I could not able to figure it out.

Thanks

Badge

@manikantad18 @laura01 

Badge +18

Hello, I will need the two screen shots, in order to help further. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 @laura01 

Hi @edgarrodriguez23 

I tried a couple of shipments to replicate the issues in My local environment, probably you can reach out to Acumatica for help or else you can ask your developer to check the relations once.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @edgarrodriguez23 In order to be able to share a report which others can view, you’ll need to attach a .RPX file, instead of .RPS

To generate the .rpx file just open the report and click File > Save As… and then attach the resulting document.

Then we can open it and view the report and the build schema 

Badge

@BenjaminCrisman @manikantad18 @laura01 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@edgarrodriguez23 I added this report to my site and printed several pick lists but there were never any duplicates seen unfortuantely.

I am hesitant to request more details and screenshots as it could still be difficult to know, but I do see several joins at the bottom of the report which I would recommend to start with removing to see if this is resolved.

Anytime you are making changes to a report there are a couple tips I started incorporating which makes this kind of issue easier to solve.

First, I would recommend to make smaller, incremental changes and save a new version of the report so you can test for breaking changes and easily revert to a prior report as sometimes a breaking change can mean being unable to load the report screen to de-activate/remove the problem version.

Second, for this issue I would start at the bottom, comparing to out of the box Pick List report, start dropping the relations and then checking to see if this was the cause of the issue.

The link to SOLine definitely seems like it could be a problem

Third, I hard code parameters into the report based on the parameters being entered in on the report printing screen, this can greatly speed up editing the report because it means you no longer have to save and run from the site each time you want to see how it runs (just make sure to remove them once you are done).

Lastly, you can test relations and filters/conditions in a GI which can be easier and quicker to work with than a report. If you have similar joins in a GI does the extra record still get brought in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@edgarrodriguez23 Did you end up finding the cause of the duplicated item?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved