Solved

Displaying Financial Reports on a Wiki Article

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Would it be possible to show a report in a wiki article? In essence I am trying to create a wiki reference area with some financial reports displayed. Currently I am only able to show a link to a report page. 

icon

Best answer by porlov 13 October 2020, 20:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@podonnell11 you can only add a link. The alternative would be to first export the financial report to Excel or use a tool like Velixo Reports and then embed an Excel Online viewer in the wiki article. More information on Excel Online and embedding can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-it-embed-an-excel-workbook-on-your-web-page-or-blog-from-onedrive-804e1845-5662-487e-9b38-f96307144081?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Here’s a sample that I just built showing an Excel Online report embedded into a wiki page:

Userlevel 1

@podonnell11 I believe you can use iframe functionality inside a wiki page. 

So here is how I would do it:

<iframe src="https://myacumatica.acumatica.com/frames/reportlauncher.aspx?id=XX654321.rpx&Param1=ParamVal1&HidePageTitle=true" width="x" height="y">

That would create an iframe within a wiki page and system would instantly run the report. 

But keep in mind, I’ve noticed a problem with the approach, is that you can only modify article once. After that iFrame with ReportDesigner in it breaks an edit and delete button :clown:

I’ve tried it on 2020R2 version. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved