Different form layout by companies in one tenant

• 10 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 

We have a couple of clients that have multiple companies in one tenant. There are a few with multiple tenants also. 

I am wondering how to have different form layouts per company. 

ie, The SO Quote form (SO641000) needs to have a different layout based on the company not just the tenant. 

When using multiple tenants, I know I can save the reports with the username@tenant name? 

Is there something similar for tenant & company? 
ie username@Tenantname@Companyname ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You will need to save the form under a different name if you want to have multiple versions in the same tenant. At the customer or customer class level, it’s then possible to pick a different report ID under the Mailing Settings tab which will allow you to pick different forms based on the customer.

This solution is acceptable only if the customers only deal with a specific company, or if you want to create separate/duplicate customer records for all your companies.

How different the layouts need to be between companies? You can also use the VisibleExpr property to dynamically show/hide elements in your form based on the company, and stick to one form for all your companies.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for the lightning-fast reply. 

I forgot about the settings on the customer/ customer class. 
I have no idea yet of how different the forms will be. I have used the visible expression property to swap logos & other fields

I am hoping that the forms are pretty similar!

Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge

When a customer of ours has multiple companies or branches, we will create different Group Header, Footer, Details sections, etc. and use what Gabriel suggested with the VisibleExpr to hide/show different sections based on the company or branch. In this scenario, we have actually had customers have completely different looking forms for each company because we might have different looking Group Headers and footers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks Chris, This is a good idea also!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved