Solved

Dashboard table not working - Parameters not coming through

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

I am having issues with a data table coming through on a dashboard, I currently have parameters set up on the GI and have it pulling in the dashboard parameters as well. Any idea why it's not populating any data?

Widget Properties: 

Inquiry Parameters:

Thank you,

KT

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 12 September 2023, 20:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ketiller 

Is this for all users or just you?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

Just myself, I am building it before releasing it to the user group.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ketiller 

On the Inquiry Parameters, try checking the Use Default Value. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49 

I am using the default value but still receiving the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ketiller The “Inquiry Parameters” are coming from the underlying GI, not meant to be what is seen in the dashboard.

You can use the dashboard parameters to further filter the data being brought in, but there is not an expectation to have the Dashboard Parameters fill in for the Inquiry Parameters, these are two different sets of data control.

If you want the parameters sent from the GI to always have values in the dashboard, you can set default parameters in the GI, these will flow to the dashboard.

If you want to bring in more broad data and then use the dashboard parameters to filter this for the widget, then you use the Filter Settings and check the box as seen in your images.

When the end result is not bringing in any data then I would double check the GI and see if the parameters entered on the GI result in no data coming into the GI results, and if so, work to simplify or peel back some layers of the GI until it populates data as expected, then start adding the complexity back to the GI and once you have the GI working as expected with the given parameters, then work on the widget to see if it works better after the adjustments

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved