Question

Calcuated Field in a Pivot Table within a GI

• 13 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a calculated field in a pivot table GI within Acumatica?

Am trying to sum totals sales / costs / margin and margin % by various objects.  My GI has each of these at the row level, but when summing in a pivot table, margin % is obviously not correct.  Pivot function seems to support % of row / column, but not % of a specific column (ideally would just sum margin / price for %margin).

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I am not a pivot table expert, so spent some time searching this Community for previous posts that may help you. I hope these posts give you ideas and lead you to a solution.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Laura.  Yes, this helps, but not exactly what I’m looking for.   Understand I can make a separate GI with the aggregated data I’m looking for (% margin by category), but the tradeoff being I lose the drill down available from Pivot tables.  Ideally, Acu adds the capability for % of column within Pivot table similar to what is in excel today.

Cheers,
Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dmaxwell have you been able to find a resolution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately not yet. Don’t believe it is possible as is with the platform today. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

My only thought is that you’ll have to create a customized view and use that to create a GI and then pull the pivot table from there. I’m in the process of trying to do the exact same exercise. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved