Solved

Automation Schedule for SQL Import

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are creating an automated process for importing BOMs into Acumatica. The data for these BOMs sit in SQL and we are creating an SQL view for all recently uploaded or modified BOMs.

Our goal is to create an automated schedule that imports these BOMs daily.

I will be creating a business event and schedule, but once I get to create the subscribers I’m seeing that the screen associated with the Business Event becomes the data provider of the import scenario. My data provider for the import scenario needs to be the SQL provider.

Is there any way to use an automation schedule to trigger an SQL import using SQL provider? Will I need to create a custom GI for the SQL data which then would flow as the data provider of the import scenario?

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 15 February 2024, 20:22

View original

1 reply

Badge +11

Rather than using a Business Event, I believe you simply want to build an Import Scenario and then schedule it to run periodically from the Process Import Scenarios screen (SM206035). Just make sure when building the schedule to include a filter on the name of the Import Scenario you wish to run. I’ve already accidentally processed all Import Scenarios trying to set one up.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved