Solved

ARTran table vs. INTran table

• 18 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m trying to understand the difference between the ARTran table and the INTran table and when to use either. They seem to have a lot of similar data when it comes to the TranAmt, TranCost, etc., but I do notice some discrepancies between the two.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by RoyceLithgo 19 August 2022, 02:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mikeho 

It depends what info you are looking for to use the Generic Inquiry for. What are you trying to accomplish?

I usually use INTran when looking directly at inventory transactions and ARTran for Receivable transactions. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @kbeatty21 

I’m trying to look at shipped sales. Specifically sales revenue vs. product cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mikeho  

Have you looked at the Sales Profitability Analysis report? That may have a good bit of what you are looking for and you can create a new GI based off that. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@kbeatty21 Great suggestion on the Sales Profitability Analysis Report! @mikeho The Invoiced Items Inquiry in Receivables is also a good inquiry to review. Depending on the level of detail needed for reporting, you can look at the INItemSalesHist table, it is not used in any out-of-the-box inquiries (2021R1) but it’s a powerful table.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks everyone. I guess the main thing I’m still unclear on is what is the difference between these tables and the data they are returning? Is there a simple description for the INTran table? The ARTran table at least has a description when you use it in a GI: 

The INTran table does not. Again, they seem to provide similar data but sometimes the TranAmt and TranCost fields don’t match between the tables on the same transaction.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

ARTran is the transactions for an AR Invoice. INTran are transactions for an inventory document (receipt, adjustment etc.) They are totally different tables. One is invoice lines, the other is inventory.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you for the clarification, @RoyceLithgo! Sounds like Sales Orders would be tied to the ARTran table so reporting anything regarding Sales Orders/Shipments should originate there.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thank you for the clarification, @RoyceLithgo! Sounds like Sales Orders would be tied to the ARTran table so reporting anything regarding Sales Orders/Shipments should originate there.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Sales Invoices live in ARTran. Sales Orders (SOOrder, SOLine) and Shipments (SOShipment, SOShipLine) are referenced from ARTran. 

BTW, if you don’t know this, to find the DAC behind a page, hold down Ctrl + Alt and click on UI component on any page. You should get a popup revealing the properties of the object you clicked on. For example, I do this on Sales Order, Order Nbr field and get this:

This should help you identify the various DACs (ie. tables) used on a page and also help you understand where the data lives for each page. 

And then the DAC browser will give you even more information on each object:

https://help.acumatica.com/dacBrowser/PX.Objects.AR/ARTran

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved