Solved

AR Aging Form - Adding a hyperlink

• 12 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Community,

Question on adding an additional hyperlink on this report.  There is currently a hyperlink that takes a click action to the customer information.  I have a manager that would like to have it set up when they click the “Past Due” numbers to take them to the invoices that are open.  How would I set up an additional hyperlink on this report.  This is in the Report writer.  

This is the report.  The highlighted in yellow are the columns they want to click on and open up into the invoice.

Thank you in advance for pointers.

Trisha

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 18 December 2023, 18:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @tveld 

Here is a post from Aug Forums that may help you:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/add-a-hyperlink-within-a-body-of-text/

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Kandy Beatty ,

I did see that prior to posting.  That is adding a pdf link.  The way they want to see this, is the numbers to remain in the columns so they can see where each customer is for dollars.  Then when they click on that number, like the one that is -3793.32 under the 90 days.  They want to be able to click on that and it take them directly to the invoices they have open. They want to see screen, AR3010PL. (Screenshot below).

In the report designer, they have it set up to bring in those amounts per the past due days.  (screenshot)

I did try adding the web link before and that didn’t work.  I am wondering if I have more changes on the schema that needs to be done before that type of link will work.

Thank you,
Trisha

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Kandy Beatty ,

I did see that prior to posting.  That is adding a pdf link.  The way they want to see this, is the numbers to remain in the columns so they can see where each customer is for dollars.  Then when they click on that number, like the one that is -3793.32 under the 90 days.  They want to be able to click on that and it take them directly to the invoices they have open. They want to see screen, AR3010PL. (Screenshot below).

In the report designer, they have it set up to bring in those amounts per the past due days.  (screenshot)

I did try adding the web link before and that didn’t work.  I am wondering if I have more changes on the schema that needs to be done before that type of link will work.

Thank you,
Trisha

Hello All!

Any other ideas on this issue I’m trying to resolve?

Thank you,
Trisha

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@tveld - You’ll need to add at least one or more parameters and conditions (filters) to the stock Generic Inquiry for the Customer ID (and also possibly for the doc status), them you could have a drill down to the view that you’re looking for. If you want to filter out all the closed documents, you might be better off to take a copy of the original GI and just hard code in the filters for the document status.

When you add a parameter, then when it’s populated it actually gives you a different URL that you can populate into a report designer field.  I did one earlier for a different custom GI that I had built.  

Here’s one option of how to add the Customer parameter

In report designer, on the text field that you want to have the link populate the 2 highlighted fields below. 

Your Navigate URL will look something like this:
='https://COMPANY.acumatica.com/Main?CompanyID=TENANTID&ScreenId=AR3010PL&Customer='+[Customer.AcctCD]

The first part in the single quotes you can probably copy and paste from your generic inquiry and then the you’ll add whatever field you can pull the Customer ID from.  You’ll need to make sure you’re using the same format (ID or CD) that your generic inquiry parameter is passing.  Again, you may want to add other additional parameters around document status, etc. and that would make your URL longer.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@meganfriesen37 ,

Thank you.  I will try this approach.

Have a great day!

Thank you,
Trisha

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved