Solved

Adding Print Label column to GI seems to cache fields that are populating into report parameters

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi all! I’ve created a set of labels using Report Designer and added to the site map. I now want to add a Print Label button to a generic inquiry. I setup the report up in the navigation parameters, added a column that reads ‘Print Label’ and pointed the navigation to the report/labels. This works when only needing to print one label. But if I click print label on one row and click print label on another row, for example, the second row displays the data from the first row. It doesnt seem to update based on the row I am clicked on. Is this a bug or is there a setting needed to get the print out to show the correct data per row? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 5 July 2022, 17:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hayleehicks18 

As of now, actions that redirect to other screens (including reports) or show dialogs are not supported in Mass Actions on Generic Inquiry. While in some cases, it depends on how action was defined, this might work for limited scenarios, we do not suggest mass print using Generic Inquiry.

Another point related to mass process actions and GI mass actions:

The way processing screen works, it calls the action once by passing the selected records.  However, the way GI works, it calls the action multiple times, once for each selected record. 

So this might be the reason when you select more than one, when first one open it interrupts the other one and you end of failing to print more than one document.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hkabiri! Thanks for the response. I don’t have the button setup as a mass action. It is instead a column that uses the navigation parameters to feed in the lines item ID and warehouse which are parameters on my labels.

Column on GI

Navigation Setup

“Button” on Results Grid

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hayleehicks18  I see.

How about you start by clicking on the 3rd row Print Label, does this correctly pass the 3rd row values or still show the first row Item and Warehouse?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hkabiri! When I clicked the third row, it opened up the first row’s data on the label. I then went down the column and kept clicking Print Label, and the 11th row opened up correctly. I went back up and down clicking print label, and the 11th row option started displaying on the labels for the others. It appears sporadic as to which one it decides to load.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hayleehicks18 

This seems to be a data problem as InventoryCD format is in a way for those records when passed cannot resolve into any record, thus last one successfully loaded being shown. Sometimes it happens when segments on segmented key being changed or special character is being used on the InventoryCD.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved