Solved

Acumatica Report Designer moving selection with CTRL+arrow keys not working properly

• 14 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The issue is when attempting to move fields minutely with the CTRL+ arrow keys, the field takes drastic moves often ending up in a different section. Normally using the CTRL+arrow keys will enable movement in minute amounts to get alignments and such just right. I’ve tried uninstalling Report Designer, reinstalling it, and the same thing happens. 

icon

Best answer by hgilbert 14 March 2024, 17:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m trying to replicate your issue in a blank report and the only thing I can do to make it jump around in large leaps is if I change the grid size to a large number. Even then, if I use the CTRL+arrow it still moves by pixels but if I just use the arrow it moves by the larger grid spacing. What is your grid size set to?

Ah, when I change the design unit to Inches, then the Ctrl+arrow makes it jump around in larger increments. Perhaps check that setting too.

Userlevel 4
Badge

That is exactly what happened. I set the paper size from A4 to letter, so my thinking is/was that the paper is 8 ½ by 11 inches, that is what the Layout unit grid must be set to; inches.What is the recommended setting for the LayoutUInit if not in inches. I could have sworn, that I’ve got the same setting in other reports and didn’t have this issue. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

As an added test, I switched one report that I am working on right now to cm, CTRL+left arrow, switched it back to inches, CTRL+right arrow, it moved in increments and not jumping across the grid.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The default in a blank report is a design unit of Pixels, with a Grid size of 8 x 8 px. Personally, I haven’t changed these often. I used a grid size of 6 x 6 px once to make things line up in the size I needed but since then I’ve just gone with the standard settings.

I was just facing this issue while editing an existing report and tried changing the design unit from inches to cm and the grid size larger and smaller, which still didn’t fix the issue. Changing the design unit to pixel did, however, fix it. Ctrl + Arrow now gives me the micro-adjust that I was missing. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved