Ability to add sort to filters

• 3 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

A sort function should be added to predefined filters. 

When defining filters for any grid or generic inquiry, a multi-level sort order can be predefined, thus allowing user to essentially create multiple “views” from a single grid/inquiry. 

This will also solve an issue when create complex aggregate  formulas which are not supported in the GI sort tab, and hence presorting the GI is not possible in those cases.

A more minimal implementation of that would be to allow the regular sorting to be saved and published to all users, just like the sizing and order of the column configuration currently is.

7 replies

I hope this will be implemented soon. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Also related idea: 

I think you can import into the “Filters” screen (CS209010) using an import scenario. I have not done so but I have entered filter definitions directly in the filters screen and they appear on the referenced screen.

For example:

I entered this directly in the filters screen and then it appeared on the vendors screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That would be cool! For the average user however, it would be complex to create a proper import scenario every time.

It intuitively make sense to simply be able to upload criteria on the fly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ellie 

• To move an individual filter across tenants, you can use ‘Export to xml’ and ‘Import from xml’ option ( similar to the option you have on Generic Inquiry/ Import scenario screens).
  • If you ‘share’ the filter, it should be visible to all users.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Ellie 

• To move an individual filter across tenants, you can use ‘Export to xml’ and ‘Import from xml’ option ( similar to the option you have on Generic Inquiry/ Import scenario screens).
  • If you ‘share’ the filter, it should be visible to all users.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

This is a useful feature, but how does it solve to the original question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This isn’t a solution, but it looks like this information is stored in the FilterOrder column in the FilterHeader table so we’d just need a way to easily edit this info.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved