Solved

23R1 Invoice print speed

• 13 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Since upgrading to 23R1, our Invoice reports are taking an extremely long time to print. It’s taking 30+ seconds to generate a single invoice. Sometimes it will take up to 2 or 3 minutes.

This issue is not present in our upgrade sandbox, where performance is generally much slower all around. Printing the same invoice using the same report version takes only a few seconds in the sandbox.

I’ve been working to remove unnecessary bulk from the report definition, and have seen some small performance improvements, but nothing significant.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I’m guessing that there’s nothing I can do but continue chipping away in report designer. But the drastic difference in performance between our previous build and upgrade sandbox compared to our live environment makes me think something else could be going on.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 October 2023, 21:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @damonb56 

Is the report customized? I know that sometimes can slow the process speeds. 

I have also seen right after an upgrade that the system has a bit more slowness than usual. 

Also, sometimes if you Reset the Caches in Acumatica or Restart the Application, that may help as well. 

Reset Caches Clears all in-memory caches in the system, all data in the current user session, and the cached information about the schema of the following: APIs, import and export scenarios, and certain types of forms (generic inquiries, dashboards, and pivot tables).You invoke this button when the system is updating information for these entities slowly.
Restart Application Initiates the process of restarting the Acumatica ERP instance.
Userlevel 1

Hi @kandybeatty49 -- Yes our invoice is heavily customized. It includes a subreport, and a lot of additional tables/fields from customization packages. I suspect this is part of the problem, but the fact that the same report works perfectly fine in our upgrade sandbox is strange.

I’ll try resetting the caches and report back. I’ll need to schedule some downtime though. Do you know how long that process might take?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@damonb56 Maybe the issue is in the time taken to generate the subreport? I would make sure that only the necessary tables are in it and that it contains the key linking fields sent as collection parameters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49 -- Yes our invoice is heavily customized. It includes a subreport, and a lot of additional tables/fields from customization packages. I suspect this is part of the problem, but the fact that the same report works perfectly fine in our upgrade sandbox is strange.

I’ll try resetting the caches and report back. I’ll need to schedule some downtime though. Do you know how long that process might take?

It usually does not take long depending on the size of your database and how much you  have in your instance. I would suggest carving atleast an hour out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@damonb56 Maybe the issue is in the time taken to generate the subreport? I would make sure that only the necessary tables are in it and that it contains the key linking fields sent as collection parameters.

I agree with @BenjaminCrisman I would ensure you are only generating the subreport once for each record.  You could try adding indexes to the queries that run in your subreport (if you are hosted by acumatica you will need to open a case for this) or create a Customization to add a DAC which could eliminate the need for a subreport. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved