Solved

Payroll Tax by County, Rate?

• 17 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I have to pay payroll in Indiana with LaGrange as the County and my payroll is not calculating the LaGrange tax.  I don’t see a place to put county tax rates and Acumatica seems to not be pulling the information.  I have no way to input information directly into her “Paychecks and Adjustments” any help will be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by mikedavidson07 17 March 2022, 18:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Welcome to the Payroll Community.

Acumatica uses the “Preferences, Work Location” to pull in applicable tax entities and jurisdictions.  After the work location is established. you can run the process in “Preferences, Tax Maintenance” to load the tax entities for that location.  I suspect the location you have setup for your company location is in a different county?  Keep in mind the work location is assigned to the payroll employee record.  In my example i setup a quick location with address info in the required county.

With this step complete, I can now run the tax maintenance process to pull in tax entities/jurisdictions.  You can see in my example it LaGrange County Tax shows up:

At this point you will need to configure jurisdiction details by selecting the line and clicking the “View Tax Details”.  If you are still experiencing issues with your configuration please reach out to your business partner as they should be able to assist you sorting this out.  They can also open a case with Acumatica if its not working properly.

Welcome to the Payroll Community.

Acumatica uses the “Preferences, Work Location” to pull in applicable tax entities and jurisdictions.  After the work location is established. you can run the process in “Preferences, Tax Maintenance” to load the tax entities for that location.  I suspect the location you have setup for your company location is in a different county?  Keep in mind the work location is assigned to the payroll employee record.  In my example i setup a quick location with address info in the required county.

With this step complete, I can now run the tax maintenance process to pull in tax entities/jurisdictions.  You can see in my example it LaGrange County Tax shows up:

At this point you will need to configure jurisdiction details by selecting the line and clicking the “View Tax Details”.  If you are still experiencing issues with your configuration please reach out to your business partner as they should be able to assist you sorting this out.  They can also open a case with Acumatica if its not working properly.

Ok, thank you Mike, but can you actually calculate a check and show me that it is actually withholding 1.67%?  

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

To configure and test properly:

Employee Payroll Settings Screen

1. General Tab - Assign the work location to the employee.
  2. Taxes Tab - Click Import Taxes and ensure the tax code is assigned
  3. Tax Settings Tab - Find the “Indiana County of Residence as of January 1 line.  Then click on the corresponding Value Column and select “LaGrange County.  Maybe this is what is missing?
  4. Save the updates to the employee payroll record.

Calculate a new payroll transactions result

Correct, LaGrange was not selected, awesome, thank you Mike!

It now calculates 39.98 but my payroll company only calculates 33.92 in that tax, probably an old table?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It could be, make sure to update your taxes under preferences.  Glad this helped you sort this out.

Well, our payroll company must not be doing the taxes well because my calculation is 1.65% of the Gross Salary, which would be the right rate for that county in Indiana.  Theirs is more like 1.2 to 1.3 depending on the base you use, so outdated tables or something.

Thank you very much Mike, I really appreciate it!

One more, so thank you Mike or anyone who can answer this:  I have a Washington Cares withholding for Washington State and it’s nowhere evident in Acumatica, is there something I need to do to get it to appear or is this a deduction I need to set up myself?

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

albalma,

You may want to post this item or subject.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved