Solved

Payroll Report Taxes by Paycheck

• 19 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone might have a solution or suggestion on the Taxes by Paycheck report. (It probably does not matter, but the Acumatica version is 2023 R1, build 23.103.0013) 

Working with my client, we built 2 templates utilizing Additional Sorting and Filtering

1 template lists the detail for all paygroups that start with “EB” correctly. 

1 template lists the detail for all paygroups that start with “JT” correctly. 

The Totals page is identical for both runs; therefore, the totals page does not adhere to the Additional Sorting and Filtering. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Doug Johnson 21 September 2023, 15:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@amyj03 The issue you describe above is expected. Let me explain …

The Taxes By Paycheck report (PR.64.10.70) contains multiple sections: a detail section followed by 2 sub-reports. I opened the Acumatica Report Designer to figure this out … 

Editing the Taxes By Paycheck report in the Report Designer

The detail section (main part of the report) changes to reflect the criteria you enter into the Additional Sort and Filters tab, but the sub-reports do not. 

Added filtering condition to show Weekly/Hourly paychecks only (monthly/salaried excluded)

Issue

Sub-reports operate completely independently of the main report, including any Additional Sort and Filtering criteria, so the results of the sub-report did not change.

Results of sub-report are the same, regardless of how the report is filtered

So what can be done?

The report and sub-report can be updated to include the Pay Group as a Report Parameter.  The Report Parameters can be passed from the main report to the sub-report so your totals section will be consistent with your details section.

Add a new parameter and change both the main report and sub-reports to use this parameter

This change can be done by somebody with detailed knowledge of the Report Designer. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Awesome Doug!

Many thanks to you and the Acumatica support team! Your presentation of the screenshots and notes make it perfect for me to hand to our report writer(s). 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved