Solved

Payroll Issues - Not Calculating Regular Paychecks

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Recently ran a payroll. Ran the normal process. The only thing I did different is set up a new Floating holiday line item (for all employees, the same way, for the same amount of time), and added the new year of benefits and deductions. However, there were three, completely random (so we think) employees who the system will NOT calculate their paycheck for.

Two of them are getting the following error, “Sequence contains no elements”. This is the trace:

The other one is getting the following error, “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. This is the trace:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or have resolution based on their reading of the trace log? To me it seems as though it has to do with the PTO banks for both, but I’m unsure. And all other employees were successfully calculated, processed, and released. 

icon

Best answer by pbennett 7 December 2022, 20:20

View original

5 replies

Editing to Add: We are using the 2021 R2 version of Acumatica.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

for the first error check the sequence on the deductions.

for the second error try calculating again or reenter the information to a new record and see if it works

@pbennett Thank you for the input! Here’s what I have further found:

1. Error 1: I checked the sequences. Most of them default as 0. I rechecked all the start and end dates as well, and none of them overlap one another. However, I have now found that there’s something in the background that has an issue when I enter time worked on 12/1/22 and after (correlating to the deductions/benefits AND floating holiday dates I entered). I can process this paycheck so long as I put all his time to 11/28-11/30.
  2. Error 2: I tried deleting and re-entering the paychecks, even with no projects or anything affiliated (just to rule out all things), and it still produced the same error. However, I have found that it will allow me to recreate and calculate the SAME check information so long as I enter it as a Special check. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

sometimes if you have a record of hat stats in the middle of the pay period it will make it so it doesn't calculate that record. make sure the start dates for payments and deductions start before the beginning of the pay period

@pbennett Thank you for your input. It ended up being an Acumatica glitch with PTO bank set up and differences in dates between the PTO bank itself and the Employee Settings PTO bank. It’s something that is currently in the process of being resolved and pending a bug fix update. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved