Solved

Payroll Branch Error Issue

• 13 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I’m working through payroll implementation. I’m receiving the following error when trying to create a paycheck: GL Error: The financial period cannot be specified because the branch has not been specified in the Branch box. 

I originally thought that this was related to this known issue regarding default country on the branch form. Support also thought it was a related issue. So I activated Multibranch support and added the default country which was the documented workaround. 

2022 R1 Update 11 fixed the known issue, but I’m still getting this error. I’ve tried with Multibranch support activated and deactivated with no success. So I’ve been trying to learn to follow the trace log. It appears that the error is coming from this call PX.Objects.GL.OpenPeriodAttribute.ValidateFinPeriodID(PXCache sender, Object row, String finPeriodID). 

It appears like it’s looking for the CalendarOrganizationID column but I’m not sure what table it’s looking at. I checked the FinPeriod table through a GI and it has the CalendarOrganizationID.

Any thoughts or pointers? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by mikedavidson07 15 August 2022, 16:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Check to make sure GL Financial Period is active for the Payroll Pay Period you have defined.

I would also double check all configuration settings:

• Work location configured.
  • Employee Class has Pay Group, default calendar and work location.
  • Employees have the settings from the employee class.
  • Pay Periods defined for the Pay Group

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved