Solved

How to create a busness event without a trigger

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

HI,

I am wanting to create a business event o send an email to all staff before a payrun is opened, the message will notify manager to approve all outstanding leave before the payrun is opened and processed.

My question is, without a trigger (i.e opening the physical pay run) is there a way that I can do this in the acumatica platform?

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 24 August 2023, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If the payruns occur on a regular/predictable basis (i.e. they start every Tuesday at 9am) you could look at triggering it by a schedule

There is an open idea to have a “Run Now” type trigger:

Thank you @meganfriesen37, they are predictable in the sense that they open the payroll each fortnight on a Monday, what I am trying to achieve is to send an email to all managers the Friday before, so the payrn won’t be open before this action is required, is there a way around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Quintin,

You’ll need to have a Generic Inquiry that includes the email addresses of the folks you want to notify.  This may just be a list of unapproved/unreleased time activities/time cards and the employee’s reports to manager or the time card approver  Or if you need to notify all employees, then I’d set up an inquiry with all active employees and their email address.

On the Business events page you’ll want to pick the type “Trigger by Schedule” and if you’re sending it to the managers, you probably want to use the Raise Event by Group of records and group on the “Reports to” or “Approver” field.  Add any conditions (i.e. exclude time cards with a start date greater than today for future time cards)

Add your email notification template on the Subscribers page and on the Schedules page create a new schedule to run Weekly, every 2 weeks on Friday at whatever time you want to send it out.  On the “Details” tab also make sure to check off that there’s no execution limit or it will only run once.

Also - If you want to have a group of records display in a table in the email body, this post over at AUG forums was super helpful to me: https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/business-event-sending-to-each-sales-person/#post-5402

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved