Solved

How does Acumatica know what "Account Group" should use for Employee Timesheet and payroll posting?

• 31 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Community,

I see when employees enter their Time Activities using a Project => Task => Cost Code, Acumatica in the Project Cost Budget creates a line with the same info plus “Account Group” L. How does Acumatica know what Account Group should use?

@brandontfrank

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 3 April 2023, 08:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Doug Johnson any help is appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @aaghaei 

Please refer to the following. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=b841fc90-bd22-4fa9-b88c-cf7bb03cb35e

Account group should be picked based on debit GL account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @vkumar 

What you are suggesting takes me here.

How this helps to determine the Account Group associated with the timesheets?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Its not here. I guess I figured it out. I think it is driven from Payroll Preferences. Then based on this preferences gets the GL Accounts from chosen Entities like Earning Type, Employee, Labor Item, … then from the GL Account associated with the Entities finds the Account Group. This is what I guess but I will need to test and verify it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@aaghaei I think you figured it out … but just in case … 

If you have payroll enabled ... 

• Set Payroll Preferences, Earnings Account
    • If Earning Type, then the system uses the GL Account from the Earning Types Codes, GL Accounts tab
    • If Employee, then the system uses the GL Account from the Employee Payroll Settings, GL Accounts tab
    • If Pay Group, then the system uses the Earnings Account from the appropriate line on the Pay Groups screen
    • If Labor Item, then the system uses the GL Account from the Non-Stock Item, GL Accounts tab
    • If Project or Project Task, then the system uses the information from the Project
Debit Account (and therefore Account Group) set using values on the Payroll Preferences screen

If payroll is NOT enabled … 

• Set Project Preferences, Expense Account Source to either Labor Item or Employee
    • If Labor Item, then the system uses the GL Account from the Non-Stock Item, GL Accounts tab
    • If Employee, then the system uses the GL Account from the Employees, Financial tab
    • If Project or Project Task, then the system uses the information from the Project
Debit Account (and therefore Account Group) set using values on the Project Preferences screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you @Doug Johnson 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved