Acumatica will offer the Controlled Release of Payroll in Canada beginning with the 2023 R1 release coming in April. The initial release of Acumatica Payroll will support:
- Federal and Provincial Tax Calculations
- T4 and RL1 tax forms (T4 summary and RL1 available in 2023 R1)
- PD7A remittance validation report for CRA (2023 R1)
- Record of Employment
- Final Paycheck
- Canadian Specific features
- Paid Time Off calculations
- Deduction and Benefits calculations
- Payroll related features
- EFT (via Canada localization)
- T5018 (improvements in 2023 R1, ability to separate goods/services in 2024 R1)
The following features will be supported in a future release:
- Multiple base currencies. Customers who want to run both US and Canada payroll need to implement 2 separate tenants
- PTO enhancements
- T4A (AP report)
The table below outlines the stages and timelines of the rollout.
Acumatica supervised demos using a preview version of 2022 R2. Available features to demonstrate include: payroll processing, tax calculations, Paid Time Off, final paycheck, Record of Employment XML file.
Partner Demonstrations &
Using 2022 R2, partners can perform demos showing the features above plus T4 (initial version) and EFT file creation.
Beginning in November, a limited number of early adopter customers can create sandboxes to perform parallel testing with an existing payroll solution.
|After successful parallel testing, early adopters and a limited number of select customers go live on 2022 R2 (GA).
|2023 R1 GA begins the controlled release. We may limit implementations in this phase so customers receive the support and implementation excellence expected as part of the Acumatica experience.
|Canadian Payroll becomes generally available to Canadian customers.
Subscribe to this page for specific dates of activities and updates on features.
Partners please enter a Pre-Sales Support case to schedule a demonstration for your clients.
Overview video of Canada Payroll: https://youtu.be/RflQrGmzUdc