Solved

Get Process All Result through REST API

• 20 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello!

I’m invoking a processing form through API, and all the process is executed correctly, but, how can I know when a record is processed with errors?

I’m trying to get the processing result to know what records have been processed and what records have raised errors…

icon

Best answer by Nayan Mansinha 27 September 2022, 23:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is there a reason you are executing process all and not just triggering the action for the records one by one? From what I’ve seen so far, executing ‘Process All’ is usually not required.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Dmitrii, 

I have created a custom processing form, where I write some data in the document, and when I click on the Process or Process All buttons, creates new documents or displays an error if there is any.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have created a custom processing form, where I write some data in the document, and when I click on the Process or Process All buttons, creates new documents or displays an error if there is any.

204 response is not designed to return detailed information.  As a workaround, I would say persist success or failure information on to same documents (say in Message field) you processed and make second call to retrieve these documents so that you know which one were successful and which ones resulted in error. e.g.

Endpoint definition -

API calls -

POST ~/entity/DefaultExt/20.200.001/ReleaseBatches/ProcessAll

Use Location header to wait for process to complete

GET POST ~/entity/DefaultExt/20.200.001/ReleaseBatches?$expand=Batches

My 2 cents...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved