Question

Convert Stock/Non-Stock item to Matrix Item ERROR publishing customization

• 31 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m trying to publish the customization that allows you to convert a stock item to a matrix item, using the customization package for 23R1 but I’m getting the following validation error:

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @donnadeskins55,

You can try publish with cleanup and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, can you please share more details like package(ImportMatrixItems2023R100.zip and ERPImportMatrixItems2023R1002.zip) you are using? Are you able to replicate the issue in a different instance?

Userlevel 3

Could also be you need to first unpublish all customizations, then make the old customization is deactivated and the new is one for 23R1 is active that holds the same import/export scenarios. If 23R1 holds the same import/export scenario, delete the one in Acumatica or copy paste with a new name and that could also resolve your issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @donnadeskins55  I have also faced a similar issue and I did not find the root cause of this, but I have a workaround to avoid this issue. This worked for me.

Can you please try and confirm?

1. In the Customization Projects screen, please click on the ellipsis (… dots) and click on the Publish to multiple Tenants
  2. After that,  please select the Company IDs and select the Apply Changes to Only Database (Skip Website Update)
  3. Click on OK. So that it will publish by skipping the website.
  4. And then click on the PUBLISH action.

Finally, Click on Publish to affect the website changes

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen Boga , I finally got an opportunity to try your suggestion and I received the same error.

@Vignesh Ponnusamy , I also tried your suggestion and received the error below:

The customer is on build 23.105.0016

They are using the Commerce module so I used the ImportMatrixItems2023R100.zip version of the customization.

Userlevel 3

@donnadeskins55 did you try my steps? May need to also move 23r100 customization down by adding a level to the customization so it occurs later when publishing.

I highly recommend unpublishing all customizations first though. May even want to publish only the importmatrix2023r100 first and if that works, then that tells you its conflicting with another customization whether by level or duplicate code etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @JTang , this is the first time using this customization, so there wasn’t a conflict with a previous version.

I did try unpublishing all the other customizations and only publishing this one and that did work.

I then tried moving it to various levels an publishing to see if that would resolve the conflict with the inventory screens, but no matter where I put it in the list, it still fails.

The customization passes validation but fails on publishing.

Below is the list of customizations this customer is using. There are a couple that touch the inventory screens, but using levels has always resolved any conflicts.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @donnadeskins55 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hackett

No, we didn’t find a solution that allowed us to publish the customization with the other customizations the customer has in place.

As a work around, we waited until everyone was out of the system in the evening, unpublished all of the customizations, then published just this one so that we could convert the required items.

Then we published the rest of the customizations and unpublished this one.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved