Skip to main content
Solved

Why is there no "Add items" button on Opportunities where it is on a Sales Order form?

• 23 July 2024
  • 5 replies

The “ADD ITEMS” Button on the Sales Order (SO) is very useful as you can see Inventory in warehouses and also do a search for previous sale price using the “Sold Since” selection. 

But when doing an Opportunity so you can transform to a Quote, this ADD ITEM button is missing on both opportunity and opportunity Quote form?

The Add button functionality seems to have the same features common to a Sales order ( adding inventory ) , so I am wondering if there is a reason it is missing or an oversight? Can it be added?

This will allow this price lookup functionality to be used on an opportunity quote?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Karl Brooks 

Opportunity, as its name suggests, is just a sales opportunity. Opportunity is entirely different from Sales Order.
If divided by features, Opportunity is a feature of CRM and is used for the Sales Department. Sales Order is an ERP feature used for Accounting, Financial, Warehouse...
Often, the Sales Department will not know the details of the product code that must be entered on Opportunity.
And the Sales Department also does not need to know how much inventory is left, so the ADD ITEM feature may not be necessary on Opportunity or on Sales Quote.
Opportunity has a "Manual Amount" feature without having to enter product code details.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We have had this raised by a number of customers. I would suggest raising it as an Idea.

Userlevel 2

Looks like this idea has already been raised, vote for it here:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Karl Brooks  - Because you won’t have access to the Idea that @Graeme Laughton-Mutu  linked to I’ve upvoted the idea on your behalf, and linked this post so that the team are aware of your feedback.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 1

Thanks Will H from MYOB voting on my behalf. Our sales team definitely does opportunities on price and availability as well as previous pricing so needing to know part number and inventory levels is a must.