Solved

Unidentified Amounts with Backflushed production order.

• 7 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am performing testing on a client’s BOMs whereby materials and labor are both backflushed. The BOMs are quite simple in nature with one or two work centers. At this time we have a zero rate applied to the work center since the client has not determined the appropriate value. When production is completed and the move step is initiated, I see the materials go into WIP at the proper cost. The labor cost does not generate entry since the work center rate is 0. When I check the move out of WIP and into inventory, there is an unknown component to the entry whereby COGs and Inventory are impacted but there is not reflected in the cost of the item, nor should it be. I cannot figure out what is driving this entry.  See screenshots for example. Any idea why the highlighted portion of the entry in the last screenshot is happening?  Client uses Average Cost valuation method for inventory. I tried the Cost Roll process to see if this would fix the issue but it has not.

icon

Best answer by PaulMainard55 13 February 2022, 04:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can you show your Totals tab on the Production Order?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can you show your Totals tab on the Production Order?

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for responding.  This is the confusing part.  The Totals tab shows what I would expect. I don’t  think this is part of the issue but the client is on an older version...2020 R1 (20.111.0017) and will be upgrading soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What is the cost method of your production order?

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is the cost method of your production order?

I tried both Actual and Estimated and received the same result.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@frankfiorentino81 - Can you provide a screenshot of the Stock Item record that you’re manufacturing?  I think @angierowley75’s question is regarding the valuation method of the manufactured item.  If the part/finished good has a Valuation Method of Standard Cost, I’d like to see the current standard cost value in the Price/Cost tab.  If it’s 34.81, then it would stand to reason that the 1.05 is a standard cost variance.  So - look at the following:

Stock Item Valuation Method

Current Standard Costs

GL Accounts - Standard Cost Variance account 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @frankfiorentino81 were you able to figure this out? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved