Question

The status of the WO W00002954 production order cannot be changed because it has related transactions that are not released.

• 30 August 2023
  • 6 replies

We are trying to close an order and the following error is generated “The status of the production order cannot be changed because it has related transactions that are not released.”  We have ran all product we needed and returned any material that needed to and we are ready to close this work order.

I have referenced other related topics and we have reviewed all transaction related to the work order and all show released and posted. This order does not prevent us from closing the month which further validated all transactions have been released and posted. Any help is appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dtatum - do you have any clock entries that are NOT approved?

We do not have any employees set up in our system to clock into jobs/operations. Just to be sure I check and there are no records of any clock entries in our system.

This is the additional detail from the trace on trying to close the order

Error: At least one item has not been processed.

at PX.Objects.AM.ProductionStatus.SetStatusTranScope(List`1 productionItemList, String newStatusID, FinancialPeriod financialPeriod, Boolean isMassProcese, Boolean checkUnreleasedTrans)
   at PX.Objects.AM.CloseOrderProcess.ReleaseOrder(List`1 list, Boolean isMassProcess, FinancialPeriod financialPeriod)
   at PX.Objects.AM.CloseOrderProcess.CloseOrders(List`1 list, Boolean isMassProcess, FinancialPeriod financialPeriod)
   at PX.Data.PXProcessingBase`1.<>c__DisplayClass85_0.g__ProcessList|0(List`1 list, PXProcessingMessagesCollection`1 perrowmessage)
   at PX.Data.PXLongOperation.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.b__0()

We have noticed the specific Move batch that Acumatica is saying is unreleased had most likely had been deleted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would recommend you run this through the Acumatica Support process.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We typically backflush materials, so only a Move transaction is entered for both labor and materials - I have found that a number of people will go to enter and release a Move transaction only to discover that there are critical materials that prevent the transaction from being released

Since this transaction opens in a Pop-up window, most people close the window without realizing that the transaction remains open in a Balanced status. If you come back later to enter another Move transaction once critical materials are resolved, it won’t warn that there is another balanced Move transaction, nor does that transaction show on the events tab or anywhere else. 

If you want to modify the production order in anyway, including closing the order, you have to first delete the balanced transactions - but again they’re very hard to find from the production order itself. 

Take a look at AM000011 and see if you have any unreleased transactions associated with the production number 

@dtatum I’m late to the party on responses but this happens to us frequently.  You can more easily locate the production transactions that are not released in the “Transactions by Production Order” screen.  To see all unreleased, you can filter by the Released check box=False or filter by the specific production order.   

It is best to have a std business process to monitor balanced and on hold transactions to keep your system healthy.  Hope that helps.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved