Question

The status of the production order cannot be changed because it has related transactions that are not released.

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are trying to cancel a order and the following error is generated “The status of the production order cannot be changed because it has related transactions that are not released.”  Here is the background on this production:

1. When the production ticket was created the wrong BOM was used.  We corrected the BOM issue
  2. No materials were issued and no labor was added.
  3. The router was in releases status.
  4. Where can I locate this “related transaction that isn’t release as of yet.”?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@BOSullivan - go the the screen “Release AM Documents” (AM503000) and see if anything shows up there - this should show you any outstanding transactions. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@BOSullivan - Another, more expedient approach would be to go to the Production Order you’re trying to cancel, click on the “...” (more actions) button, and select the “Production Transactions” option under “Inquiries”.

Sometimes, users will create moves or material transactions and abondon them, but Acumatica will have already saved the unreleased record.  If that’s the case, you’ll find them here.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, I was able to drill down.  There are (5) “Transactions By Production Order” Do, I issue (5) negative materials transactions to accommodate the error?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @BOSullivan were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Chris, I was able to drill and locate the transactions but how do I remove them?  Do I just release them and then I will be able to cancel them?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @BOSullivan - We’ll need one of the product experts to help out here 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@BOSullivan - do you need for the transactions to post? If not you can just delete them. If you want them to post - you will need to release them. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The transactions are related to each other.  (2) are for Labor and (2) are for clock time.  When I try to delete the transaction the following error is displayed:  “AM Error: The batch contains released related transactions and cannot be deleted”.  The amount of labor is $320 give or take a dollar or two.  I could just post the transaction and call it day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@BOSullivan if you post them - make sure to NOT close the production order and then go back and review the totals to make sure costs/variances don’t look bad. 

You could always reverse the transactions if you needed to once you review. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

We aren’t to close this production order just trying to cancel it.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @BOSullivan were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved