Solved

Re order Sales Order Lines/Quote Lines

• 7 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way you can re order the lines on a Sales Order or Quote? I can see Line Nbr and Line Order columns, but they are not editable. Ideally when we’ve finished constructing a Sales Order/Quote, we’d like to sort the quote by Inventory ID (ascending) and then reorder the lines so they appear in the desired order.

icon

Best answer by RobLowe 7 February 2024, 13:09

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I found one post from Acumatica with instructions “How to Set a Default order for a Column on the Document Form”.  Irina from Acumatica Support provides step-by-step instructions.

I’m not sure if you have access to the above post. In case you cannot see it, here is the info.

“Suppose that you need to save the ascending order of the Inventory ID column on the Document Details tab of the Sales Order (SO301000) form.

Step 1: Open a sales order that shows multiple line items on the Document Details tab.

Step 2: Click on the column header of the Inventory ID column. In the menu which opens, click Sort Ascending and then Click OK button.  The items are now sorted in the order preferred by the user.

Step 3: Click the leftmost icon among the column headers to bring up the Column Configuration dialog box which is shown in the following screenshot. Click OK button.

Results: Open any sales order. Detail lines are sorted ascending by the Inventory ID column by default. “

I found two previous posts that explain how to control sorting on the printed quote/sales order. Answered by suemackeown13 :

This previous post discusses sorting on Purchase Orders but has a downloadable example attached that may help. It’s also discussing sort on a Printed PO (not the screen). Answered by aborisova37 :

Good luck!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi afraid not without customisation I presume there are too many lines for the user to drag and drop them in the order they want

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi afraid not without customisation I presume there are too many lines for the user to drag and drop them in the order they want

Thanks. We do not appear to have the option to drag and drop. Is this a feature that needs to be enabled?

Badge +18

Hello,

I did a quick test of Irina’s steps in 2023 R1, using a Sales Order with 11 un-ordered lines. It works!

Sort by Item Ascending then click Column Configurator button.
Click only OK in Column Configuration, to save.

When I page to the next, and next Sales Order, the lines are suddenly In Alpha order by Inventory ID in every Sales Order!

In order by Inventory ID

Anyone in Administrator Role may share the same column configuration out to all users:

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way you can re order the lines on a Sales Order or Quote? I can see Line Nbr and Line Order columns, but they are not editable. Ideally when we’ve finished constructing a Sales Order/Quote, we’d like to sort the quote by Inventory ID (ascending) and then reorder the lines so they appear in the desired order.

Realised drag and drop wasn’t working as the record wasn’t on Hold!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved