Solved

R&D inventory items

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Does anyone have an experience of how to manage R&D items (i.e. components purchased for prototypes) in Acumatica, in the case of a manufacturing company with a very active R&D department? 

If we create non-stock items for R&D purchases (which seems correct, since they are an expense), what would we do when an item moves from the R&D phase and into production - if the item is already in the system as a non-stock item?

It is my understanding that it isn’t  currently possible to convert a non-stock item into a stock item in the manufacturing edition of Acumatica?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 31 January 2023, 02:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It looks like the feature to convert a non-stock to a stock item has been delivered.  Please review the release notes to find in what version it was released.  (I suspect 2022R2 - but please confirm)

Thank you. 

When I click that link it advises me to reach out to the community team to gain access.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jamesbarnett - I have updated your CRM account so you should logout/in and be set! Cheers!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved