Solved

Purchase Order linked to a production order

• 5 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

From a production order you can create a PO.  If I purchase material this way it seems that a linkage should have been created from the PO to the production order.  Where can I see that linkage?

I don’t see where I can see linked POs on the production order.

I don’t see where I can see the linked production order on the PO.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 5 January 2022, 05:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ltussing03 

One can find the linked PO from Production order maintenance screen, using ‘PO Link’ option (refer to the screenshot below).

There is no option available to find the source document from the PO entry screen though.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ok, so the Purchasing Manager is looking at the PO Entry screen,  

Q1, What MFG Prod Number?

Q2 - on printed form to Vendor, no display

Q3, during receiving, no visibility to the MFG Prod number.

Yes, we can have our developer add this data but it comes at a cost, when the MFG EDITION should have this as standard features to the MFG Edition ERP software?  From the client perspective, is the MFG Edition really a part of the system?  Now the client has to pay, but they will not, thus the VAR has to absorb the cost as part of the implementation.  The cost should be spread out over all the clients.

I also see this with Field Service created PO as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Ok, so the Purchasing Manager is looking at the PO Entry screen,  

Q1, What MFG Prod Number?

Q2 - on printed form to Vendor, no display

Q3, during receiving, no visibility to the MFG Prod number.

Yes, we can have our developer add this data but it comes at a cost, when the MFG EDITION should have this as standard features to the MFG Edition ERP software?  From the client perspective, is the MFG Edition really a part of the system?  Now the client has to pay, but they will not, thus the VAR has to absorb the cost as part of the implementation.  The cost should be spread out over all the clients.

I also see this with Field Service created PO as well.

Created a Product Idea for it. Feel free to add in the comments.

I agree this is a big miss!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved